Specializations/Areas of Expertise
American Parkinson’s Disease Association Fitness & Wellness Professional
American Council on Exercise & Fitness – Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist
- Anybody looking to get started on a new fitness regimen or renew their motivation for fitness
- From beginners to gym veterans, both individuals and small groups
- Individuals with Parkinson’s Disease: The best way to improve and even avoid experiencing symptoms of PD, is to maintain an active lifestyle. Starting or continuing a regular exercise program consisting of strength, aerobic, flexibility, mobility, and balance training can make a considerable difference in your day-to-day life.
- Business professionals, parents, retirees
- Individuals interested in increasing mobility
- Individuals working to prevent injuries when responding to physical challenges
After graduating from Falmouth High School in Massachusetts where I played three sports at the varsity level, I attended Nichols College to further my studies in business while playing on their Ice Hockey team. When my days playing hockey were over and I finished my studies at Nichols, I took on the real world and started working as an analyst in the financial services industry. Prioritizing my health and wellness both physically and mentally was an issue with a busy work schedule and becoming a new parent of twins. To overcome these barriers, I decided it was time to go back to school. I attended UMass Boston’s Health and Nursing School where I obtained a degree in Fitness Business and Instruction. During my time at UMass I developed a great educational foundation of health and wellness and how to design appropriate exercise programs built around the needs and levels of all types of individuals.
After graduating, I became a Personal Trainer at Charles River YMCA in Needham where I continued to build my knowledge on efficient and effective exercise programs for a wide range of clients. I’ve been doing business as Eric Ayers Fitness for 4 years and my experience and journey have shown me that lifestyle changes simply do not happen overnight. It takes time to develop a foundation of commitment and a mindset for growth. My experience has shown me that dedication, consistency, accountability, patience, and an open mind are some of the traits that will help you succeed in living an active lifestyle. If you are looking for a personal trainer who understands we are all human and that balance is an essential part of our lives, and have a desire to learn new ways to incorporate health and fitness into your lifestyle, I’m the one for you!